Healthy Home

Is Your Home Too Air-Tight?

Did you know that your house needs to 'breathe' in order to have healthy air?  There are gases, toxins and moisture that need to be expelled from the inside, and fresh air needs to enter from the outside.
 
In an attempt to conserve energy and reduce heating costs, homeowners can make their homes too air tight.
 
When a fuel-burning appliance in your home doesn't get enough fresh air and fails to completely burn its fuel, carbon monoxide is produced. If ventilation is damaged or blocked or if you have a powerful kitchen fan, bathroom fan or open hearth fireplace, then carbon monoxide can be drawn back inside the house.
 
What are the signs that your home is too air tight?